Tuesday, July 15, 2008

David Crowder and the homeless guy

David Crowder is truly one of the funniest, hippest cats around. Great musician and terrific song writer, and he has apparently chosen to put himself right in the heart of a bad neighborhood in Waco, Texas.



So, this incident recorded on the Catalyst Conference website is, at the same time, amusing and thought provoking. Here is an excerpt:

John has basically told me that the homeless population near my house is 1) aware that there are such things as “Dove Awards” and 2) that my band and I have been nominated for some, and, 3) seriously? (!) The homeless had some type of meeting, or assembly, or whatever, and are praying we win? What on earth! That is the most ridiculous thing ever, and – what, seriously? Thoughts like this are in my head: David, you make assumptions that are wrong. You need to repent. You are evil.

To read the entire essay, click here.

"The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'" Matthew 25:40

No comments: