Monday, March 2, 2009

I'm thinking of calling it, "All work and no TV make Steve something something..."

Go crazy? Don't mind if I do!

So, I'm now at day 6 with no TV, and honestly, it's been generally easier than I thought. With minor exceptions. For instance, yesterday I get home after a long weekend, working mostly, and I just want to crash and watch the US Indoor track and field championships, or some other mind-numbing piece of drivel to unwind. No such luck- no TV for lent.

Instead, I'm getting lot's of reading done. Just finished Lauren Winner's book, Real Sex. Very interesting read about God's creation of and plan for sex. I'm also getting some running in, with 11 miles on Friday and 7 on Sunday.

Jury's still out on which is better... the me with TV or without.

1 comment:

The Whitlock Family said...

to someone who does not know you, you sound really fun, no TV, running, and a book on sex...hmmm

I commend you on your fast. Your trail running journal was a hoot.
Have a great day.
-scott