Monday, December 22, 2008

Wanna Dance?

So, I was at a Christmas party in Mexico last week. As I watched some of the locals spin and twirl in their colorful garb across the tiled dance floor, it occured to me that following Christ is a lot like dancing. Here's how:

1) Some people are excited to get up and get moving, while others would rather sit on the sidelines. I watched man after man get rejected by some shy woman who would rather sit than dance. As he walked away, dejected, I started to wonder if God feels the same way when we're not willing to serve him.

2) Some that are dancing are joyous and excited, and others are just going through the motions. I saw people- both women and men- full of life, really engaged and smiling and laughing. I also saw people who were obviously there out of obligation and/or guilt. The Kingdom has both.

3) When everyone is moving together to the same sheet of music, it is beautiful to watch. Truly.

No comments: