Thursday, November 20, 2008

A sheer gift?

Today is going to be hard. Maybe one of my hardest days as an adult. So, here is the verse I cling to today:

"Consider it a sheer gift, friends, when tests and challenges come at you from all sides. You know that under pressure, your faith-life is forced into the open and shows its true colors. So don't try to get out of anything prematurely. Let it do its work so you become mature and well-developed, not deficient in any way." -James 1:2-4 (The Message)

I don't always face challenges well, let alone consider them a gift. I usually consider them a curse. My prayer for today is that I will truly see tests and challenges as a gift from God, designed to grow my faith and stretch me in a way that I would never stretch myself.

If you're so inclined, please pray with me.

No comments: