Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Lessons from The Shack

I write this from the North of England, and on the airplane over here I finished the book The Shack. I have to tell you, I got several lessons out of the book:

- I got a great explanation of the role tragedy plays in our lives
- I found a unique perspective on the Trinity
- I got an even greater appreciation of what God must have gone through to allow Jesus to go to the cross

I have to admit I didn't want to finish the book. The first few chapters were hard because of a tragic event that happens (no, you'll have to read it for yourself!) But, I'm really glad I stayed with it. It is one of those great works of fiction that really helps you gain perspective on your life and Life in General. Besides that, it's wonderfully written with vivid descriptions and it's highly entertaining.

If you're not familiar with the book, you should go here.

No comments: